Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Design For Social Change


I believe in social change through communication, design and art. That is why I want to use my small place on the web to help some friends who are developing Peru´s first International Art & Design Graphic Conference with the focus that design can be an agent of change. These folks are my friends and colleagues at the Universidad San Ignacio in La Molina, Lima. 

Not only do I want to help publicize something for my friends, I would like to help promote art and design as ways in which we can change the world for the better.
The department head of Art & Graphic Design, Rita Vida, and the department´s program coordinator, Rafael Vivanco, have teamed up to bring together artists and designers from 9 countries(ranging from Lebanon to Germany to Brasil)  to provide seminars and workshops on the topic in the Lima suburb of La Molina on the USIL campus.

All the events take place September 14-16, 2011. If you are interested in attending the symposiums or any of the workshops you can check them out online at www.ade-usil.com or call (in Peru) 317-1000 extension 3250 or 3251. Prices for the workshops start at 30 soles.

I am not very gifted as an artist, but I do appreciate the communicative power of artistic work. I plan to stop by and take part if they will let me. If you don´t speak Spanish don´t worry many of the organizers and participants speak English and other languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment