Sunday, October 2, 2011

The mold must go

Mold is everywhere in the Miraflores area of Lima. I have only lived in Lima, Peru for four months but I am finding mold everywhere here. The humidity is so intense that it seems you find mold in all the expected and unexpected places.


I can deal with it on the wall. But this infestation is all over my clothes and shoes that I do not wear on a regular basis. These brown sandals should not have white spots on them.


I was a little freaked out when I found spots on my computer screen and keyboard.






This is the first place I have ever lived where people recommended i get an anti-humidifier. I did not even know that existed. For those of you who know me...you know I am not a clean freak but enough is enough. The mold has to go.

-- Desde Mi iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Anti-humidifiers are also known as dehumidifiers. Growing up, close to the North Coast of the US, we used them all the time. Any place that has high humidity, they should be used. You will also discover that the pages in your books, especially paperback books, will start to curl in on themselves. James Atkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mold can cause illness. Be careful and get a dehumidifier and get that mold OFF the walls. Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our closets have these little bar things that are supposed to help. We also have a dehumidifier in the closet.

    They have these little pellet things that look and smell like moth balls, but I think they are supposed to combat the mold.

    ReplyDelete