Monday, June 13, 2011

I have moved to Lima, Peru

I have recently moved to Lima, Peru. I always knew I was a Southerner but this is a little farther south than I had planned on. I received an incredible job offer at the USIL –Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola. That is why I chose to move to Lima.

I will start writing about my experiences being a white, male living in Lima. I will blog about my experiences in the country, with my new job and travel within the country. This does not mean that I will stop blogging my experiences in other countries as well.


I recently found an apartment in the very nice neighborhood of Miraflores. Though it is on the other side of the city (and it is a giant city) from my work, I chose to live here because Miraflores is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.


I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences here in Lima. It is a vibrant, incredible city. Today I move into my new apartment located a couple of blocks from this really cool lighthouse.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, and I'm super glad that you've brought back the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on expatperu.com while exploring the site today... I currently live in Miraflores as well, but rather than working at USIL, I am studying for the semester there. A man at the residencia I live in informed me about the site, and when I came across the blog spotlight, first the title caught my attention, and then I discovered that you're living in Miraflores and working at USIL! Sometimes it's as simple as finding something like this to remind me that I'm not alone here... because I definitely stand out!

    ReplyDelete